Blitzen's Babblings

Friday, October 01, 2004

TGIF

I'm so frustrated...had the day off on Wed and went to the eye doctor...had the full exam, and decided to get contacts. They're great - when I can see. But more often than not, it gets blurry after awhile and will not go away. Here I was at work yesterday with this haze hanging over my line of vision, and no amount of blinking would make it go away. I took them out on my first break and rinsed them and put them back in, and was ecstatic when I could see....only to have the blurriness return inside of a half an hour. By the time my second break came, I was so frustrated and upset at the waste of money that I sat at the table and cried out of frustration. I also called Sean and left a tearful message on his voicemail, saying why did I do this? Why couldn't I have left well enough alone? I also asked him to pick up my glasses from my apartment and bring them to me at work. One of the managers was really concerned, and pressed me to also call a friend, so I did....and later, I was paged to come up front because my friend was there to pick up his check. By that time, Sean had already put my glasses in my car and left me a text message saying he did so, but why didn't I take my glasses with me in case? I swear, he never ceases to point out where I went wrong.....

I'm frustrated (I know, I've said that a few times, but I can't seem to say it enough today) and worried I spent so much for nothing. What if my eyes are allergic to lenses and can't handle them? Will I get a refund? If so, I want to give up and get the money back now....or a part of me does. But then I look at how my glasses have broken out my face and think maybe I should give this a little longer. I don't know.

I called them yesterday and the girl who sold me the contacts told me to keep putting drops (and even the solution!) in my eyes and it should go away. She didn't seem too worried about it, even though I have to work and I have to drive...of course she wasn't! It doesn't affect her! She made a sale, didn't she? Hey, it's only my eyes.....for all I know, she works on commission, and loses it if someone returns the lenses or glasses.

*shrug* I don't know.

I keep hoping my eyes will get used to them and I can just keep them and put the glasses aside, because I definitely like the idea of not having the glasses....but for now, I'll have to keep the glasses with me in case the contacts get blurry again. Before long, I'm going to have to keep a pouch or something at work to keep all my eye stuff in, between all the solutions, the contact case, the eye drops and the glasses! That's actually a good idea....

Well, I suppose I'd better get those contacts in....sigh...wish me luck....TGIF and I can relax at home and not stress out over it, which I'm sure isn't helping matters.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home