Blitzen's Babblings

Wednesday, October 06, 2004

Stuff

Lots of stuff has been going on lately. Skeeter Davis died the other day, and yesterday Rodney Dangerfield died of complications after a heart valve replacement surgery in August. He'd spent the last 2 months in a coma, and woke up shortly before dying. Not sure about Skeeter, other than that she was 72 and died of cancer. Just seems a lot of celebrities are dying lately. Janet Leigh died the other day, too, but I'm not sure what from.

On another note, I got stung by a bee at work last week (9 days ago) and it's still red and inflamed. Didn't want to go to a doctor for a bee sting, but a pharmacist yesterday told me it was infected, so I woke up early and made an appointment. He said it had certainly gone into my lymphatic system and tested my lymph notes by putting his hands in my armpit....great! Anyway, he gave me samples of an antibiotic and antihistmaine (the antibiotic would have been $90 by itself!), enough for a week, so it should be cleared up by then. Feel foolish going to a doctor for a bee sting, but the idea of the infection possibly going to my heart really bothered me. I hadn't eaten or drank anything before the appointment, and my BP was low, too, but the nurse didn't seem bothered by it. I grabbed some Rally's on the way home, though, just in case. I'm glad I only have to worry about taking these samples once a day, because with working every day, it's going to be tough to remember to take it 3 times a day. He said this stuff is strong, so hopefully it'll be gone inside a week...but I'm going to keep taking it until it's gone.

Not much else going on today. Carmel's in my lap, hot as always. I know it's mean, but sometimes I wish she'd go away - just for a little while. She's just SO hot and SO clingy...I walk in the door, get undressed and as soon as I'm in my desk chair, she's wanting in my lap. Tigger's almost as bad, and he's even hotter LOL.

New contacts are working. Got them Saturday and it's now Wednesday and I'm very happy with them. For once I can see! I couldn't stand the haze, which I found out was due to my eyes (or, rather, the contacts) drying out from not blinking enough. These new ones are wetter and seem to work better with my dry eyes. I think anyone who wears contacts has 'dry eye syndrome,' though...everyone I've talked to has had to use eye drops, so I'm not worried about it...as long as I can see and function on the job, I'm happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home