Blitzen's Babblings

Wednesday, October 20, 2004

Giving Tigger a bath.....

Well, last night was eventful....I got off of work at midnight, came home, fixed dinner and watched TV...the next thing I knew it was going on 3....so I decided to go to bed, even though I wasn't all that tired. I came in to check e-mail and Tigger was on the bed behind me, his feet hanging over the footboard as always, and I smelled, well, cat crap....I turned on a light and went to him on the bed, and sure enough, he had a big wad of it smooshed into his fur under his tail. So I got a Kleenex and tried to pull it out, but it was caught in his fur and some came out but there was still some there. So even though it was 3 and I was tired, I decided to give him a bath because I just bought a new comforter and sheets and didn't want him getting it all over....so I locked him in the bathroom and grabbed a towel, and spent a few minutes bathing him...

Well, that was fun! Not...he is soooo strong...he kept fighting and trying to climb out of the tub and I kept putting him back in, and I was getting madder and madder and yelling at him...I really was close to beating him, actually....I am such a cat lover, an all-around animal lover, and I hate it when I get like that...Patches used to bring that out in me, and I hated it...I hated what she would do to me...hated what I would become out of frustration, and I see a lot of that in Tigger. People think I'd make a great vet or someone who works with animals, but I don't know. I love them, sometimes more than people, but it's hard to communicate with them and sometimes they refuse to do what you want because they don't understand. It's not their fault, and it's not yours...it's just the way it is because you can't explain things to them....and you either have the patience to keep putting the cat in the tub or whatever, and keep your cool, or you don't....and apparently I don't. I really hated myself last night, even as I was yelling at him and pulling him back into the tub, but I couldn't seem to stop myself. Even as I was doing it, I was wondering, does this make me a bad person? Still don't have the answer to that one.

So after a few minutes, he was clean and sulking in the bathroom. I tried to towel him off and he just hunkered there, shivering, obviously pissed at me. So I opened the door and left, and came in here to settle down a bit. There were wet spots in the hallway, so I knew he had come out of the bathroom...found him under the kitchen table, cleaning himself. I sat on the couch and watched a little bit of TV, and sure enough he came out and cleaned himself some more, and I knew he wasn't mad at me.

Since it was now going on 4, I went to bed for good....I put a towel on the comforter at the foot of the bed, which is where he usually lays...and as I was starting to drift off, I realized he'd jumped up and found the towel, so I went to sleep knowing that he was bright enough to find the towel :)

When I woke up this morning, I checked e-mail and before long, he was on my lap...so I think it's safe to say he's forgiven me. The question is, can I forgive myself?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home