Blitzen's Babblings

Friday, December 11, 2009

Bored and Cold

Well I don't think I've been colder in my life. The heat's on, I have my nightshirt and lounge pants on and footie socks, and I'm still cold. I think the only cure is some hot cider. Can't believe in less than 2 weeks it'll be Christmas. The apartment still looks like a bomb went off and I have a lot to do before Christmas. I have school until the 22nd so I have a feeling it'll be another 'death march' this year to get it all done. I'm excited...making my dip as usual, but also some mulled wine - and I'm going to attempt some caramel corn. Plus I got my yearly shipment from Swiss Colony so we'll have plenty.

I'm bored today, so I'm reading miscellaneous blogs...and I'm also checking to make sure my links in my favorites are still working. Fascinating, huh? There's a lot of funny stuff on mylifeisaverage.com. It's kind of hard to stop reading, even though a lot of is posted by teenagers in high school. I posted a couple of things but they haven't shown up.

I hurt myself at school on Tuesday. We have to work on the receiving dock for Cost Control class and right away I went into the walk-in to get a case of eggs, came out and slammed my calf against the scale that was right outside the door. OMG I saw stars! I stumbled but caught myself, thankfully, and put the eggs on the bottom of the cart, still trying to see through the stars. Everyone around me asked if I was ok, then the woman that runs the dock came running out yelling at me because I didn't have non-skid shoes on. I tried to tell her that my accident had nothing to do with slipping, that I had banged my leg against the scale, but she said 'well you still need non-skid shoes'...whatever bitch. Thanks for your concern, by the way. I'll live, but I have a giant welt on my leg that is a nice pretty shade of purple and is still swollen after 3 days. I tried ice and a heating pad on Tuesday but haven't done anything since...maybe if I did the heating pad, it would finally warm me up LOL.

Oh well, such is life. The irony is, I'm a klutz in the culinary program. Go figure. Hopefully I'll graduate with a full set of limbs.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home